The previous weekend was a long one, so we (me and my flatmates) planned a trip to Kedah Langkawi located in the Andaman sea some 30 Km from the coast of Malaysia. Best way to reach there is by air - but that is if you can afford the tickets. Langkawi is ranked within the top 10 beaches in the world by National Geographic[1
]. Langkawi being a prime destination for honeymoon couples is a comparatively (compared to other parts of Malaysia) costly place. So getting cheap airline tickets is next to impossible. Though one can take a bus to Kuala Kedah and then take a short ferry to Langkawi. Other way is to take a (cheap) flight to Penang and then a 3 hour ferry to Langkawi. Keep in mind that there are only two ferries to Langkawi from Penang (8.15 and 8.30 am return at 2.30 and 5.15 pm) and the fare is quite high at RM 60 one way. Cheap cars and bikes are available for rent at the ferry terminal (may be at the airport as well) which is the best way to roam around. While there I recommend you consider these locations. I have ordered them in a way that it is easy to navigate.
- Langkawi Cable Car located at Gunung Mat Cinang: tickets cost 30 RM. Provides an incredible view of the whole island. The ride it self is quite awesome. Normally takes 2.5 hours to complete.
- Datai Bay beach, located close by is a wonderful resort and golf club, which is strongly recommended by national geographic - if you can afford it you shouldn't miss it.
- Pantai Pasir tengkorak beach will be on the way back from Datai bay and is a good beach.
- Temurun Tujuh waterfall: should be ok to visit any time of the year.
- Underwater world, should be kept for the evening - located at Cenang Beach.
- Spend the night at Cenang beach, this beach is best for adventure sports.
- Tanjung Rhu - take a private boat through the mangrove forest, bat caves , eagle and crocodile island. Be careful the rent for the boats are bargain-able. May take around 3-5 hrs.
- Gunung Raya - is the highest point in Langkawi. May take 40 min to reach the top. As such there is nothing up there - though the view is splendid.
- Pulau payar marine park is good for snorkeling.
- Lake of the pregnant lady is situated in another island, may not be a worth visit so only if you have time you may consider it.
Hope this helps. Have a nice trip click like and share with friends.
Print This Post